Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Gaga & Britney Share Elle's 01.10 Cover



Lady Gaga and Britney Spears share the cover of Elle’s January 2010 issue.

They’re either the oddest pair, or the most likely, depending on how you look at it. I probably like Lady Gaga less than any one else who works in fashion, but I actually like this image - she looks human.

Inside she says, “My album covers are not sexual at all, which was an issue at my record label. I fought for months, and I cried at meetings. They didn’t think the photos were commercial enough…The last thing a young woman needs is another picture of a sexy pop star writhing in sand, covered in grease, touching herself,” which is both true and refreshing.

She also says this, “I feel that if I can show my demise artistically to the public, I can somehow cure my own legend. I can show you so you’re not looking for it. I’m dying for you on domestic television—here’s what it looks like, so no one has to wonder.”

And that, makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment